Dedicated Family Lawyers
FIXED FEE DIVORCE
Brisbane 07 3210 0281 | Toowoomba 07 4639 0000 | Ipswich 07 3812 1392 | North Lakes 07 3490 1390
NOW OPEN IN
Dan Buckley | Family Lawyer Brisbane
Dan is a Legal Partner of Best Wilson Buckley Family Law, and works predominantly in its Brisbane office.
Appreciated by his clients for his compassionate professionalism, Dan has worked hard to develop a style which assists clients to make critical decisions concerning their children and their financial interests.
Initially commencing his career in Sydney in a national law firm where he gained exposure to a variety of top end commercial work which included secondments to BT Asia Pacific and the Australian Rugby Union for contract negotiations for the 2003 Rugby World Cup, Dan has specialised exclusively in family law since 2005.
Dan was named as a Recommended Family Lawyer in the independent Doyle’s Guide in 2015.
With his previous commercial experience Dan has developed a particular interest and particular technical skills in large de facto and matrimonial property matters. He provides his clients with strategic advice and solutions by breaking down complex financial arrangements in consultation with clients’ accountants and financial advisors.
Some specific examples of Dan’s experience include:
- Drafting and negotiating a Financial Agreement including third parties’ interests, the restructure of 12 trust and company entities and a self-managed superannuation fund, the creation of new corporate entities for the tax effective financing of the spouse’s property settlement entitlements in the context of a matrimonial asset pool in excess of $60 million and within the building construction industry. Matter also involved simultaneous drafting and negotiation of the client’s Financial Agreement with his de facto spouse.
- Resolving a property settlement dispute with parties’ interests held in Australia and the US involving simultaneous court proceedings in both jurisdictions. Parties’ asset pool in excess of $40million held in companies and trusts, share options, real estate located in Australia and the US (owned in conjunction with spouse’s new partner) investment schemes in the US and property development financing agreements.
- Resolving a number of international property disputes involving assets and/or spouses in different jurisdictions including Abu Dhabi, US, UK, Singapore and Thailand and involving disputes in relation to jurisdiction and the appropriate forum.
- Litigation of client’s interests in six businesses held in conjunction with different stakeholders across Australia within the medical industry.
Dan’s qualifications include a Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Law and Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. Dan has also lectured in law at the University of Sydney.
Please feel free to contact us any time using the below form to send us a message, fill the required fields and then click send.
Connect with us
- (07) 4639 0000 (Toowoomba)
(07) 3210 0281 (Brisbane)
(07) 3812 1392 (Ipswich)
(07) 3490 1390 (North Lakes)
- [email protected]
- Get Started Online
- 135 Margaret St, Toowoomba City QLD 4350
PO Box 3701, TOOWOOMBA QLD 4350
- 5/190 Edward St, Brisbane City QLD 4000
PO Box 1735, BRISBANE CITY QLD 4000
- 205 Brisbane St, Ipswich QLD 4305
PO Box 840, IPSWICH QLD 4305
- 107/1642 Anzac Avenue, North Lakes QLD 4509
PO Box 1207, NORTH LAKES QLD 4509