Join the BWB Team
Become part of the Best Wilson Buckley Family Law Team
Our team is the largest specialty family law team in Queensland, enabled by a team of support staff across all of our locations.
Offering a depth and breadth of experience that is second to none, we are always looking for expert Brisbane family lawyers and support team members that ‘fit’ to become part of our team and the journey that Best Wilson Buckley Family Law is on. A journey where we provide a bespoke experience for every client that is normally only available in smaller firms, made possible by our insightful and empathetic team.
We achieve resolution for our clients in a way that honours the family they have spent time building and towards a renewed sense of possibility for their new future.
Our values were not created in a majestic boardroom overlooking the city and its winding river and then force-fed to the whole team. Rather, they are the collective result of the values that each of us hold dear in our professional and personal lives. They were also developed in a lovely little spot in the Lockyer Valley in true recognition of our regional roots! Find out more about how we crafted our values here.
What we offer our team
- Access to specialist expertise through internal network
- Work-life balance genuinely offered to all employees
- Friendly, genuine work colleagues
- Knowledge sharing across a diversely skilled specialist team
- Regular social events
- Annual staff retreat
- Strong values and performance driven culture
- Client-centric culture
- Quality client relationships
- All contributions are valued and respected
- Multiple locations
- Collaboration with colleagues on client work
- Investment in technology and continuous improvement practices
- Professional development support
- Study leave and study support
- Advancement opportunities
- Formal career and development planning for legal and support/management team members
- Monthly learning and development sessions
- No equity outlay for Legal Partners
- Paid professional memberships
- Salary packaging (salary sacrifice superannuation only)
- Flexible work options including working from home
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Services allowance
- Annual CLE budget
- Parental Leave benefits
- Purchased annual leave
- Birthday Day Off
- Quarterly Employee Awards
- Service and Admission milestone recognition
- Leading specialist family law business
- Embedded in local communities
- Strong position in the market
- Job security
- Dedicated management team
- Local autonomy within Shine Corporate
“Genuine and authentic relationships between staff that make it a place that I enjoy coming to work every day.”
“The people that I am surrounded by, the approach that managers take in trying to make others feel included and valued.”
“Fantastic working conditions and being made to feel valued as a staff member.”
“Inclusiveness, comradery and willingness to help.”
“Overall caring, sharing and empathy, and being part of a happy environment.”
“The work culture is inclusive, collaborative and a great environment to be in.”
“Incredibly supportive and flexible for working mums.”
“Support to achieve a healthy balance between work, personal life and other commitments.”
“The ability to work at a high level without interference, unless there is an issue.”
“The positive work culture is like none other, Despite multiple locations, everyone still knows each other and is committed to helping each other professionally and personally. I love that information is shared to make the firm better as a whole. I also love that each office has its own character.”
In my second year of university, I was fortunate enough to receive the “Best Wilson Family Law Scholarship” which provided me with $5,000 to put towards my studies, along with work experience at the practice. At the time I did not know what area of law I wanted to practice in, and was optimistic of working in foreign policy or international relations. Between you and me, I was even looking at the United Nations. Family law was the furthest thing from my mind.
However, I went along to work experience in September 2014 and assisted solicitors with legal research, drafting, and also attended at Court. This experience was eye-opening and gave me a better understanding of what it is to be a solicitor within a family law context. Even at this stage, I still didn’t know what area of law I wanted to practice in, however the opportunity presented itself for me to be able to work in an administration role at Best Wilson Buckley Family Law.
Find out more
If this feels like ‘home’ reach out today to find out about possible opportunities to become part of the Best Wilson Buckley Family Law team.