Contact Us
Find more info

Choose the area you need help

‘I’m not the parent, but can I see the child?’

The short answer is yes. Under the provisions of the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth), a parent, grandparent or any person concerned with the care, welfare or development of a child can make application to the Court.

This effectively allows step-parents, and other significant family members and previous carers to seek the assistance of the Court in restoring their role in the child’s life following separation and conflict.

If you need assistance with this area of law, come and see Best Wilson Buckley Family Law Solicitors Toowoomba for more information.

The information contained herein is not intended to be a complete statement of the law on any subject and should not be used as a substitute for legal advice in specific fact situations.